Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Born Country

Clear creeks and cool mountain mornings. Honest work out in the fields. Corn bread in my mama's kitchen. Daddy saying grace before a meal. Family ties run deep in this home and I am never very far from where I am.
I was born country and that's what I'll always be. Like the rivers and the woodlands wild and free. I got a hundred years of down home running through my blood. I was born country and this country's what I love.
Moonlight and you here beside me. Crickets sarinade in the yard. What more could two people ask for? Laying here in love beneath the stars. Now this is where I want to raise my kids. Just the way my mom and daddy did.
I was born country and that's what I'll always be. Like the rivers and the woodlands wild and free. I got a hundred years of down home running through my blood. I was born country and this country's what I love.
I was born country and that's what I'll always be. Like the rivers and the woodlands wild and free. I got a hundred years of down home running through my blood. I was born country and this country's what I love. I was born country......

Those are the lyrics to an old Alabama song. No song has ever fit my life better than that individual song. The country life, no matter how much hard work involved, is the life I am meant to live. Some people ask why...my only response is that it is the only place I have ever been that I feel safe and secure. Safe with who I am and with what I do. Secure knowing that my neighboors are there for me if I ever do need them. Country is where people don't get wrapped up in the loss of common sense. Where people, for the most part, are still honest. There is no where else on this earth that I would rather be than out in the country where the green grass grows and the sky is still blue, where the trees are green and the fields grow strong. I can honestly say that it doesn't matter what area I live in, though I do love it where I am right now.
Hard work and staying busy keep me from going out of my mind. I really do enjoy every second of caring for our animals, including moving manure. :)
To some, it probably doesn't make any sense but to me it is the only thing that does. I can walk out the front door in my night gown if I want to watch the sun come up, cup of coffee in my hand and no one thinks twice about it. I think my biggest reason for loving the country life is that somehow it makes me feel closer to family that has long since left this earth. The country life is like a warm hug and a pat on the head. With every chirp of a wild bird, every blade of grass reminds me of the most precious time in my life...the days when I got to be with my grandparent's on their farm. I miss them dearly. I remember all of the good times that I had there. Times with my uncles and the dogs, times with my gramps in the barn, times with my gram in the kitchen while she was making butter or cooking a meal, times with my daddy learning how to drive a tractor and ultimately the place where I was safe from the spiteful words of my mother.
Memories constantly surround me like a blanket and a fire on a cold winters day. I feel a connection with the people that I love the most, even if they aren't around.
To those who have gone on to Heaven....thank you for everything you ever did for me, trying to make my life a better one; for showing me that it is better to treat people with respect; and for showing me that God will provide even when we don't think he will. I am so blessed for having you guide my early years in life, for your protection back then...and for the guardian angels that I know watch over me even now. I will always love you with my whole heart and soul...and I know that someday I will get to see you again someday.
As for those that I have left behind when I needed to take back the right way of what my life was suppose to be...I feel sorry for you for not knowing just how peaceful and blessed your life could be if you just let that thing you call control slip out of your fingers. I am sorry that I didn't turn into the daughter that you so desperately wanted me to become, but I am happy with my simple life and that is what truely matters. I am blessed with great friends and family members who love me for who I am under all the "fluff". I am sincerely sorry that you will never understand what true love and friendship really are, it may have helped you during your struggles in life to have someone to lean on. I am sorry that your life was so miserable that you didn't know right from wrong when it came to parenting. I am sorry that the one person you ever truely loved got sick and went to Heaven, leaving you here without her. I miss her too, but she no longer suffers and you know...she does watch over everything you do. She is up there in Heaven with God in a rose garden, with sweet peas growing up the side of the porch where she sits in the shade with her crazy hat on. I think that she would feel sorry that you have locked yourself away from those that could have loved you and someday she will give you the lessons again...but until then, know that you are prayed for everyday. Prayed for so that you will expel satan from your life and get the help from someone. I pray that someday, you will be able to find peace in your life.
I need to move on, enjoy my country life and do the best I can for myself because that is the only thing I have left. I will do just fine, because I know that all I have to do is knock on the door and ask for guidance and I will have my hand held and walk toward the right direction.
I pray for all of you out there to just discover the blessed item of self love through Jesus Christ, my saviour and light in my world. Faith in the unseen is difficult, but believing just means that you are already half way there. God bless you all...and to those who need prays, just look toward the heavens and say what you need to say. He is always listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment