Saturday, June 19, 2010


Well, the grant package went out in the mail and was recieved by the department head less than two days ago for our business. Finally, one more thing that can be checked off the list of things to get accomplished. Now it is on to the farm plan, managing construction timelines, getting payroll and comp set into place......and way too much more to list! I am figuring a break and a vacation for me sometime in January now.
I am excited about this project. I will have a website up within the next couple of days that everyone will be able to go look at and learn more about exactly what we will be doing.
This whole business planning adventure has taught me so much about myself, those around me and how much spirit and determination provide. There is a buzz starting now that keeps going in my ear. The phone is starting to ring already as word spreads...I must admit, it feels great to hear just a wonderful response from the public point of view.

On a personal note, with everything that has been going on with the business and here on the farm there isn't much time left for me. I don't get to spend the time with the animals like I would really like too. Hell, I haven't even had time to mow the lawn in two weeks! When I do have time, it friggin rains.
The animals are all doing well. Belle is slowly regaining her weight and she will have AI done toward the middle of next month. Buck is being an ass, no better or nicer way to put it. He smash his head into my hand yesterday (which I think is broke). Now I have numb fingers that are swollen to twice their size and my wrist is killing me...which probably means another trip to the doctor's office yet again! The three boys are growing like crazy. Norman is loosing his baby fur now and we have discovered that he is going to be a beautiful black jersey! Such a beautiful shade of dark chocolate brown. He is doing extremely well. His hip is nearly healed and he is now running, playing and jumping just like the other two now. Davy is my little buddy. He still doesn't fully trust me but if I sit really still, he will come up to me and lick my cheek or forhead. I have also discovered that the boy really enjoys garlic. I had some garlic oil on my hands the other day and wow...I don't think he missed one spot. Danny is doing great, he is starting to pack on the pounds now due to the fact that he is eating about 1 lb. of food a day. He is slowly adding more and more food to his diet.
All of the turkey poults are starting to color up and feather out nicely. We have at least, two toms in the mix. One of them is a chocolate palm and the other is a blue slate. I haven't seen any of the others strut yet, but they could be late bloomers like the royal palms where. Hard telling until they get a bit older.
The chicks are all big enough so that we are going to butcher them this weekend. It is amazing how fast they have grown. And, to let y'all know, they taste delicious. We butchered three of them last week. One went into the freezer, another to Rich's Dad and one into the rotisserre. HMMMMM good.
Well...I really need to get busy on phase two now of our business details. I have already procrastinated for way too long. We should have a website up and running in the next week or so....It is continually giving me fits of every kind imaginable! But I will let you know when it is up.
God bless...enjoy this beautiful change in the weather from all of the rain we have had.

No comments:

Post a Comment