Monday, July 26, 2010

A New Family

Well, Rich and I welcomed a new addition to our family on Saturday. Our daughter married a wonderful man and together extended our family. We are very happy for both of them and welcome our new son-in-law with open arms.
It was a beautiful outdoor ceremony, even though it was a sweltering 93 degrees with a heat index of over 100. The reception started off in the heat, but then a brief thunderstorm rolled through, soaked the over heated guests and insited a round of mud-slide and mud wrestling. It was a beautiful and absolutely wonderful event.
I cried when Rich was dancing with his daughter to the song "In my daughter's eyes" by Martina McBride. I guess I never really realized until this last week just how much I have grown to love my step-daughter. I may not be her mother by birth, but I love her with all of my heart. I am so proud of the wonderful person she is.
To those of you who are friends on facebook, please feel free to look at the photos of the event and make sure you compliment the beautiful bride! She was absolutely stunning!
It is nice to get back to normal today. No more running, rushing or planning. Just being able to sit down today is a beautiful thing.
Tomorrow it is back to the daily grind of work! So glad that I decided to make sure that today was an easy day. There was a ton of house work to get done since it hasn't been done at all for the past week.
I will write more about the farm tomorrow...but so everyone knows...things are good here on the farm. The weather is much cooler today and it is quiet here on the hill. I am enjoy the chirping birds and the distant tractors that are working out in the hay fields.
May God bless you all with as much love and happiness as we have found within the lines of our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment