Monday, April 19, 2010

Busy Bees

Well, I spent most of the day today with the neighboor kids. They came up early this morning to help with morning feedings and came back this afternoon to walk with me to the pond. I really enjoy watching them with the animals. They are all so patient and tender with all of the animals, even the baby chicks.
Leah, is eight years old and loves the calf.
Seth, is seven years old and loves the chicken but goes crazy for the turkey eggs.
Caleb, is two and just loves all the animals.
I wish everyone could know how much I truely enjoy spending time with these kids. The fill a whole in my heart that has been a gapping, empty, torn hole in me for four years now. The don't close the hole but they fill it. It makes me happy to know that I can do something for them that makes them happy. I am so pleased to spend time with them.

Well, the calf followed Leah all over the yard this morning. He is getting progressively better every day! The chicken's are getting used to Seth now and will stand still until he pets them. The chicks are happy to just lounge in thier hands and sleep away the time as they get tons of attention.
We walked down to the pond today and the kids learned all about wintergreen berries and they spent a bunch of time picking a whole bunch of them to take home to Mom for her tea. The had fun watching the geese and moving sticks around. We found an awesome rock that was loaded with fossils that they took home with them too.
It is amazing how fast time goes when you are enjoying yourself. It is hard to believe that it is nearly 7pm here already. Almost time to sit down for dinner...which is a pork roast cooked in the crock pot cover with sun dried tomato vinegrette and just simmered all day. Rich has been into already and says it is delicious. This is my first time trying it this way but I can tell by his frequent trips into the house that I probably won't have much left for dinner. Potatoes are boiling now for mashed taters and we will eat as soon as they are done.
Well, shower time for me...then time to mash taters and eat...then I am off to bed. Write more tomorrow.
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment