Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rainy Sundays

Rainy Sundays mean that we have time to work inside. After all of the other chores were done this morning, we got up this morning and cleaned up an area in the back of the barn. We ran new electric into that area and put in a couple of outlets, hung heat lamps, installed new bedding material and moved our four adopted chicks from the house to the barn. We are now ready for the turkey poults to come!
After we were done, since it was raining, we decided to go back to TSC to return the extra roll of wire and the two extra boxes of staples. While we were there we bought 20 Cornish Rock chicks that will be ready for the freezer in about 8-10 weeks. That means they will be ready in time for Rich's parents anniversary party. They will be married 50 years in July.
The new cow and calves are all doing well. They were all eating good this morning. Momma is very happy to have the grain, green grass and room to move around. I am glad that she came here! I can't wait for the day when she is filled out and has gained her weight back.
Norman is moving better every day now! It is great to watch him out with the other two (which still need names). I wish you could understand how proud of him I am. He is such a good boy and so glad that he is still with us.
Been doing some research tonight and decided that next weekend we are going to head to the NY Jersey Auction, that just happens to be going on about 8 miles from home. I want to go meet some people that I haven't seen in a long time, as well as maybe meet some new connections for people that I might want to connect with when (hopefully this fall) it is time to breed our cow back again. She is so gentle and such a great mom that it would be a shame not to get her back into shape and then rebreed her.
Anyways, I am going to start working on my first batch of soap tomorrow. It takes some time to cure but I will make sure that I update as things progress, gooey flop of a mess or not.
We went today and went shopping for a new truck, since Rich's needs to go back into the shop yet again! We found a Dodge 3500 just like what he was looking for! I am going to make some phone calls on it tomorrow to find out what kind of deal I can get. It is a beauty of a truck. Silver, diesel and a 6-speed standard transmission. Will let you know how we make out!
Alright...the dog is banging on the door, my tv show on the history channel is starting in just a bit and I still need to shower. Have a great night and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment