Monday, May 10, 2010

Funny Farm

This is a funny farm....that by the way, I do not find so amusing sometimes. Between broken gates, escape cows and mishaps, I can't decided which is the worst!
Today has been going okay until about an hour ago when I had a "mishap". I will explain our watering system this way....We had a wagon like the small one's you fasten behind a lawn mower, so we rigged this plastic barrel inside and since it had two openings on the top, we devised a way to put a spout in one of the holes so that we could run a valve. Once the tank lays inside the wagon and the wagon fastened to the four wheeler, we fill the tank with water and take it across the road to fill all of the animals water jugs. This tanks holds about 50 gallons. Needless to say, the ground around here isn't the smoothest and the stupid thing came off of the wagon...even through it was rachet strapped inside! No way can either one of us lift or want to lift 50 gallons of water in a tank back onto a trailer wagon, so out the water goes....I guess that section of corn crops will grow good! Haha!
All is better now. The cows have tons of fresh water, along with the chickens, turkeys and all of the chicks and poults. It is amazing how long it takes just to rinse out and fill water containers around here. But, atleast it is one chore done for the day and that means that there are only two more to do. Cow feeding at 7pm and chicken lock-up at dark. I should be fixing dinner right now, but after a day of endless phone calls and paperwork, this feels nice to just sit and relax for a few.
By the way, to those who know about our cow, her name was BeBe Booper. Not very suiting for a sweetheart like her, so I gave her a new name that seems much more fitting. Her name is now Belle. She reminds me so much of a southern lady. She is sweet and polite. Never pushy or mean. She is so patient with the calves. I have no idea how someone could ever neglect or want to shoot an animal like her....but she has a much better home now and is doing great! I can't wait for the day when all of her hair grows back, her wounds heal and she regains the weight she is lacking. She is going to be a beauty! The Belle of the herd!
I am looking for some suggestions on some new things that I can do with my "junior assistants". Does anyone out there have any great ideas for me?? I am always open to new ideas..........
Any way, I need to get off my tush and get something done. Hope everyone enjoys and God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment