Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tuekey Crossing

Today has been just one of those days.....Already and it is only 9:20 in the morning!

First off, I moved the Rhode Island Red chicks into the barn with the adult chickens. They are all huddled into a corner with a food dish and the hens are all inspecting them over and over. A couple of my hens are a little testy, so I will need to keep an eye on the situation but everyone seems to be managing alright so far.

Norman is lame again. He is in the stall...he went in by himself and is lounging around. He is walking stiff again, but that could have something to do with the rain that we got overnight. I worry about him.
Danny and Davy are doing well and are currently out eating up all of this wet grass. I wonder if it is sweeter after a night of rain. I do know that I am not going to be the one to go test it out.

Tom the turkey decided to be a butthead this morning....and now I need a turkey crossing sign. The idiot likes being around people so much that today, for the first time, he decided that it would be fun to run across the road. I chased him back across the road and back behind the barn assuming that he would decided that was a better place to be. Oh how wrong I was! As I ran, yes I did say ran, back across the road...he was right there on my heels! So back into the gated area I took him. Granted, you need to know that most of our birds go where ever they please and we do not officially have them completely fenced in. He decided to go around the other end...and again chase me right back across the road. I don't know which was worse...him not staying over by the barn or the bluetick hound, Raven, barking up a storm. Right now, he is over on this side of the road, gobbling his voice out in our garage. Ugg...what next????

To make the day even better...I have spilled a whole cup of coffee on the kitchen floor this morning. Spilled on the wet grass and fell on my tush. Got yelled at by a State Trooper for not having Rosie on a leash.....I can already tell that today is going to just be one of those days when I really wish that I could just crawl back into bed and sleep the day away. My patience are worn to thread bare already. And to think.....I have international calls to make today! Maybe I will get lucky and the phone will go out! Haha...doubt it.
Please God grant me the patience to just get through today! And then I can start over again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment